Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: More staph infections

  1. #21
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: More staph infections

    I believe the quote you're referring to is:
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Warm, humid environments can contribute to staph infections, so excessive sweating can increase someone's chances of developing an infection.
    </div></div>

    Warm humid conditions from sweating meaning: inside helmets, under pads & uniforms, etc. This is referring to the temp & condition on your person making ideal environments for the bacteria. (It can't thrive out in the open - it will die eventually.)

    Hygiene is the key to prevention.
    But instead we have people in hysterics thinking Staphylococcus aureus is some monster stomping through Wise Co. taking out our women and children.

    Wash up. use alcohol on wounds. keep them clean.

    And this section drives home what I've been saying all along:
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can I Prevent a Staph Skin Infection?
    Staphylococcus aureus bacteria are everywhere. Many healthy people carry staph bacteria without getting sick.

    Cleanliness and good hygiene are the best way to protect yourself against getting staph (and other) infections. You can help prevent staph skin infections by washing your hands frequently and by bathing or showering daily.

    Keep areas of skin that have been injured "? such as cuts, scrapes, eczema, and rashes caused by allergic reactions or poison ivy "? clean and covered, and use any antibiotic ointments or other treatments that your doctor suggests. If someone in your family has a staph infection, don't share towels, sheets, or clothing until the infection has been fully treated.

    </div></div>
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  2. #22
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: More staph infections

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I agree up to some point...but poor hygiene has been around for a long time and we didnt seem to have this much outbreak </div></div>

    I agree with you to a certain point, but I also think that in considering the overuse of antibiotics, we also must consider all the toxins that we put into our bodies on a daily basis that we never think about. Before you eat something next time, take a look at the packaging and see how many preservatives are IN the food, let alone what was sprayed on them to keep the bugs off and to encourage growth.

    Yes it's nice to be able to walk into a store pick up a bag of something, go home, warm it up and eat it, never giving a second thought as to where it came from. Our grandparents and their parents grew their own food and used natural fertilizers and pesticides. They also had a workout, emphasis on WORK, which helps to promote healthy immune systems.

    Seeing this "outbreak" of staph has everyone all on edge, when really this is something that can be prevented and treated. The most important part is treated. It's not like these kids have AIDS. Come on people. The lemming syndrome is also very contaigious. Might want to check and see if you have that as well.
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Bettyboop's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2005
    Posts
    284
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: More staph infections

    No one is saying that having good hygiene would prevent it. everyone has on their skin. I am just saying that this hot weather and the excessive sweating is a contributing factor.
    :
    [img]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f304/Betty725/d906_bBetty-Boop-Kiss-Posters.jpg[/img]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member imported_VHSLhelper's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2005
    Posts
    883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: More staph infections

    I heard it's hit Buch. Co. too.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: More staph infections

    Hopefully, coaches are enforcing better hygiene.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  6. #26
    Inactive Member jjkpitcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2007
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: More staph infections

    Personally, I think that is should be mandatory that the team has to shower after a game, etc. I know almost every player on JJK football team does, Coach Saylers urges his players to shower right after and they clean the equipment, jerseys, etc on a day to day basis. I as well know of 2 hospitializations from this Staph. I think that Coaches should make their players practice good hygeine.
    [ QUiTTERS NEVER WiN & WiNNERS NEVER QUIT ]

  7. #27
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: More staph infections

    One word: Nitrotan
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #28
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: More staph infections

    Yep...that kills anything.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #29
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: More staph infections

    They should rig up systems to introduce chlorine gas to the field houses once everyone has gone home.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  10. #30
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: More staph infections

    I've seen players get sprayed with nitrotan and act like they would prefer chlorine gas..lol
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •